Monday, August 29, 2011

Seafood stir-fry


Start with your Lemon Zest rice.  Shave some of the lemon peel into the water then cook your rice.

Boil 1 Bok Choy per every 2 people you will be serving.  I only did one and fed me, the hubs, the bottomless 4year old and 3 year old little princess.  I wish I would have done two.  Boil until tender but not squishy.  Then set it aside on a plate to let off some steam. 
I then diced up my red pepper and a small jalapeno.  I don't usually cook with jalapenos because they are too spicy for me.  But in a stir fry I thought it might add some good kick to it.  I didn't get to find out what it tastes like because I got made and threw the jalapeno away.  Really, I did! (rant story to follow so if you want to get back to the recipe just skip to the next picture.)  As I was cutting up the now even more hated jalapeno, juice must have splattered and got right below my eye.  I don't remember it splattering but the soft skin below my eye started to burn.  Not bad just a little.  I didn't think much of it.  Until the burn started to slowly get worse.  I went to the bathroom and washed my face just in case.  Didn't use soap!  That just made it worse and got residue in my eye.  Ouch!  I ran my entire head and face under cold water upstairs in the bathroom.  It started to get better not much but bearable.  It wasn't till the next day that it went completely away.  So no more jalapenos from this blog ever!!
Back to the recipe.  I diced up the red pepper and put it in a bowl.
On top of that I put a whole bunch of green onions diced and about 1tbs of ginger.
In a separate bowl I put 2tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp curry, 2 tsp of ginger. 1 tsp of fennel.  Then mixed the shrimp and squid up with that. 
 
Then in a heated pan I added 1tb of Pompeian Olive Oil and let if heat until it was fragrant.  I then added the seafood.  When the shrimp and squid turned white I added my bowl of peppers and onions and sauteed them until soft.  I added half a stick of butter then the bok chow cut up to bite size pieces.

Serve over your lemon zest rice and it is turned out good. It needed salt but we added that at the end. Next time I think  I will add some honey so give it a sweet and salty mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment