Monday, August 15, 2011

Breakfast Egg Muffins

I was given a basic popover recipe from a friend that I adapted to be gluten free and added the eggs.  It isn't quick but is a great saturday brunch.

You start with:
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup Sorghum flour
1/2 cup potato startch
3/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup un-sweetened almond milk
4 tbs melted butter
Pre-heat the oven to 425.  Mix up all the ingredients with a fork or on low with your KitchenAid.  You want the batter a little lumpy.  Take some additional butter and cut up little squares to melt in each muffin tin. 
 
Put the tin in the oven for just a few seconds so the butter will melt.  Then add the mix on top of the melted butter.  Only fill the cups up about 1/2 way because you are going to be cracking an egg on top of the half way cooked muffins.  Cook for 10 minutes then add an egg on top of each muffin. Put back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.  Less if you want your yolk really runny.
 
I didn't get a great finished picture of these because my Grandpa was in town and we ate them to fast.  I had to stop the kids from getting more just so I could get this picture.  I usually have enough batter the put in a few extra muffins.  We eat these with maple syrup and they are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment