Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal cookies are my Father-in-laws favorite so I tried a gluten free version and loved it.  
1 c. Sorghum Flour
1 c. Rice flour
1/2 c. Tapioca flour
1tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Xanthum gum
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 cup of butter
1/2 c. Sugar
2 tbl. Molasses
1tb Vanilla
2 eggs
3 - 3 1/2 c. GF Oats
1 c. chocolate chips

I always melt my butter to help with mixing the batter and it just bakes slightly different when the butter is melted.  With this recipe it is almost a necessity because of how thick the dough is. 
First add all the ingredients but the oats and chocolate chips. 
 When using your KitchenAid you will want to use then put on your dough hook to add in the oats and chocolate chips. 
 
 
Ghirardelli Chocolate makes two all natural chocolate chips that do not use the extra milk fat in making their chocolate.  The Bitter sweet (I use in place of dark chocolate) and their semi-sweet.  We don't do dairy, or caisen, but have never had any problems with these.  
I then put them in large balls, I like big cookies, then bake for 15min at 350.

 They are slightly dry, not as moist as I would like them.  Next time I bake them I will see what we can do to change that.  Or leave a comment and let me know what you find out.

Gotta love Cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment