Friday, July 8, 2011

Princess Cupcakes

I thought I would share these delicious Cupcakes and frosting I had made for my daughters birthday.  I will admit that I used BettyCrocker Gluten Free cake mix but the frosting is all mine.  I used an entire package of powdered sugar ( 5 cups or so), 1 cup of tapioca flour (that helps make the frosting a bit thicker) 1 cup of softened butter, 1 tsp of vanilla and 4 tbs of almond milk.  You can put more milk for a melty creamy frosting or less for a thicker frosting.  For the cupcake above I added almost an entire other cup of powder sugar to thicken it and form the swirls.  Once refrigerated it stays thick.  You can make it pink with a little bit of beet juice.  Believe it or not you can't taste the beets!  If you are making this in your KitchenAid the add the liquid ingredients first, tapioca then powdered sugar slowly to get your consistency.  Below is a picture of the thinner frosting I used that same day.  Enjoy the deliciousness!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment