Monday, October 24, 2011

Chicken Fingers

Life here has gotten so busy so I needed to find some quick and simple dinners.  Well I stumbled upon a great site that could make some of your lives easier.  It is Onceamonthmom.com  She plans your monthly meals so you can cook on long day then have freezer meals all month long.  She has a gluten and dairy free recipe list.  I have loved some of her recipes and today I am going to share one. (you will be seeing recipes from her on here quite a bit during the crazy holidays cause I simply don't have time myself!)  I changed her corn flakes to frosted flakes because that is what I could find.

Chicken Fingers

1 Box of gluten free frosted flakes
1/2 cup frozen Orange Juice
1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
4 chopped garlic cloves
2 large eggs
2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tb sugar
1 tsp molasses ( or substitute the sugar for brown sugar)
1 tb olive oil
2 tb butter
I love the EnviroKids Organic brand.  Not to expensive and limited ingredients.  You can get it at HEB

It a ziploc bag add the orange juice and garlic. After you cut your chicken into the size of strips you want, add them to the bag.  Let this marinate for at least 2 hours.  I usually do this the night before so it has all night and the next day to absorb the yummy orange flavor!  Then in a small dish you want to beat your eggs.  On another plate add your frosted flakes, coconut, olive oil, butter and sugars.  Crunch up and mix well.
Pull your chicken from the orange juice mixture, dip it in the eggs, then cover it with the frosted flake mixture.  Lay them flat and bake at 400 for about 12 minutes.
These were awsome!!  My husband and kids loved them.  What I thought would be two meals, turned out to be one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment